Nissan liberty is a great family car that has lots of interesting features like electronicallyit controlled rear sliding doors. It is a successor of Nissan Prairie, another great car from Nissan Motors. It succeeded Nissan Prairie in 1999. It comes with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The car is a spacious vehicle provided with easy rear access through its sliding doors. It is considered a large family vehicle offered by Nissan.
Used Nissan Liberty From Japan
Although Nissan Liberty is a great family car with massive space for passengers and luggage, it is not as pricey as its competitors like Toyota Ipsum and Honda Stream are. Interestingly, it also faces competition from its cousins like Nissan Bassara and Lafesta. The reason for the lower price of Nissan Liberty may be attributed to poor marketing efforts by Nissan, and confusing messages to its customers to promote the car. Otherwise, drivers have no complaints about it.
Nissan liberty has an anti-theft system that ensures security for your vehicle. In addition, the doors have power locks together with child safety locks. Liberty has brake assistance to aid you when you break. The brake assistance offers smooth braking when making a stop. It is well equipped with airbags from the front to the rear. The driver seat has a head restraint to support you. Moreover, the driver seat is adjustable. The steering wheel is covered with leather to give it a good feel while you hold it. Other features include keyless entry and cruise control. For cooling purposes, Nissan liberty is well equipped with an air conditioner. There are also passenger and driver weather controls. The weather controls are electronically controlled.
Nissan Liberty has powerful fog lights to aid in low light areas. It also has an automatic headlight for maximum illumination.
Nissan liberty specs illustrate that it has five doors and seven seats. The engine has an automatic 4-speed transmission and its displacement amounts to 1998cc. the engine produces a power of 104kW. The engine consumes up to 1 liter over 100km. Nissan’s liberty review shows that it can attain a maximum speed of 100km/h. other features include the Nissan liberty length of 2690mm, a width of 1695mm, and a height of 1690mm. its overall curd weight amounts to 1630kg.
Fuel Consumption / MPG
Average fuel consumption – 25
Nissan Liberty Price
Nissan Liberty is available at the Japanese Auto World website within the price range of 1500 USD.
Should You Buy A Used Nissan Liberty?
Many would-be owners of family-size wagons around the world ask whether they should buy a used Nissan Liberty. Generally speaking, they are price-conscious people and they are looking for an affordable car. They know the market prices for similar family-size cars being offered by Toyota are much higher. So, their natural choice becomes a good quality used Nissan Liberty. Your decision to buy a used Nissan Liberty may depend on the following factors.
- Is it a low-mileage car?
- Is it considerably cheaper than similar Toyota models?
- Does it meet your need in terms of space, storage area, and specifications?
- Was the car repaired several times? The answer to this question may not be that easy especially if the car dealer you are purchasing this car from does not have the maintenance records available.
- Can you test run it before you actually buy the car?
- Do they have the necessary spare parts for the car available in your vicinity?
- Is its CVT gearbox working fine? This might be one of the most important considerations before you buy the car? Generally speaking, it should not be an issue for most drivers. I have driven a Nissan Cube car 2003 for almost one year without any problem. But, you may want to avoid the car if it has CVT transmission.
Problem With CVT Transmission?
- CVTs are different from automatics. They are more expensive to service and replace
- CVT goes into limp mode when hot and consequently loses power